Monday, July 14, 2014

You Can Do It

I have to admit.. This song was never really one of my favorites. That's not to say it isn't a decent song.. Just that when I became a fan of Ice Cube's music.. Let's just say he wasn't making party songs.. As a matter of fact, as far as party songs go.. You Can Do It is sure to keep people in the club dancing.

Regardless of my personal feelings about this song.. It does have a pretty catchy title and there's a line in Ice Cube's first verse that has always resonated with me, over the years..

Life ain't a track meet.. It's a Marathon..

That seemingly simple, nondescript, one-liner reminds me that everything in life is a journey. So many times in my life I felt like I was in a mad dash for the finish line.. So many times I felt like the pressures of life were becoming too much for me to handle, but.. as soon as I could accomplish ONE thing.. that EVERYTHING.. would automatically just fall back into place. My thoughts were, basically, that all my concerns, in life would seemingly evaporate is I could only manage to.. Lose weight.. Get a better job.. Win the lottery.. Attract a hotter girlfriend..

In the end, it always seems to come back to those lyrics.. No matter what trials I may be going through.. Whatever short-term success (or failure) I may be experiencing.. It's all just another stretch of road on the "Marathon" that is Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment