Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cash, Grass, or @ss...

We've all been there before, right? Getting ready for a night out with the homies, and when it's time to gas up for the trip.. All of a sudden, it's quiet enough to hear a gnat whisper.. Currently they're having a discussion about how many cumulative "snaps on the petrol.." the driver will be able to collect. One particularly innovative young gnat has started an "over/under" betting pool and is currently laying odds. Smart money would bet on $0.00.. unless negative numbers are in play.. Then you might want to go lower.

I venture to say that we've ALL been in a similar-type situation.. I also venture to say that we ALL just kept quiet, bit the bullet, and gassed-up without so much as a peep from any of the passengers. Why is it so hard to speak up in a situation like this? In a situation where saying something would be completely justified??

I think it comes down to fear.. Fear of appearing "cheap".. Fear of doing anything that could be considered "NOT-Baller." Same thing that has us spending all sorts of money trying to keep up with our "friends" spending habits.. and I use that term loosely.. I don't know about you, but I'll be driving around with three "child seats" from now on.. Well at least until I get the ATM installed...

3 comments:

  1. I had to "prove I was not a robot" in order to publish my previous comment. I FOOLED THEM (loud, metallic, monotonous robot laughter for two hours).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone could crack my extensive "Blog-Defense-System", I knew it'd be you.. You really played a big role in helping me explore my creative side.. I know that if I can make my "crazy" into something "cool" ..then I, too, can aspire to be a self-appointed Genius.. or a fictional Billionaire, some day.. Thanks for the inspiration...

      Delete