Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Starstruck..?? WTF???

Yesterday, I worked a show at the Albany, GA Civic Center. Yesterday was the first time I've ever been star-struck.. I'm still a little too embarrassed to tell the story.. So I found this video clip that comes pretty close...

Ok.. ok.. maybe I didn't pass out. But my behavior was still unacceptable.. in the given situation...

Who was it that turned me.. the silver-tongued-sweet-bishop-magic-don-pesh.. into a bumbling idiot?? Jay-Z..? Oprah Winfrey? Kimbo Slice??? ..No, it was Earthquake... Yes, Earthquake.. Yes, the comedian...

Anyway, let me stop beating around the bush... My "starstruck" incident amounted to this.. I was working audio for a comedy show in Albany, GA. At some point, during the show, one of my co-workers was asking me who was up next. Just as I turned to tell him "...Earthquake" I look up and see the man standing right behind him.. Let's just say it caught me off-guard.. I mean here before me was someone I'd seen on TV since I was like 14.. watching Def Jam in the middle of the night, so I didn't get caught. Anyway, what happened afterwards is still a little foggy..

...According to my co-worker, I walked up to Earthquake.. shook his hand.. and started reciting random punch-lines.. without even giving the set-up.. and they were ALL kinds of jokes, from Knock-Knock.. to A Man from Nantucket.. all the way to punchlines belonging to Earthquake, himself..

Skip forward to 7:46 "..I wanna put my air.. In my momma name" ...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment